Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's raining Postcards! Halleluiah...it's raining International Post Cards! :)

You know, it's been a long time since I've looked forward to receiving snail mail in my mailbox, but I must admit this was a barrel of fun!

Michele S. from WA sent this art deco card she designed. What a fun card! She did a wonderful job bringing retro back. Her card had a film on it with a stamped image of a woman smiling, she used cute embellishments to hold the layers together and she painted a myriad of designs on the background layer to give it the extra color punch! 

Barbara M from Canada sold me on Canada and Sunflowers! Barbara took her project to another level – she decided that she would come up with various uses for postcards including…Tourist cards “wishing you were here,” product promotions, reminders, promoting tourism particularly of her small town of 2,000 people. And it worked…I would love to visit the Manitoba Sunflower Festival! Great idea…now go sell the idea to your local Chamber of Commerce or Tourism Dept!

Katie B from Illinois reminded me to value each day! She created her smart retrospective collage on patterned paper that she painted with acrylics and then she wished me a wonderful summer! Thanks Katie – you too!

And just yesterday, I received a darling little Koala in my mailbox! It was…adhered to a great framed picture card from Joan F from Australia… that lovingly, also, chose Sunflowers for her special card. Hope you’re feeling better, Joan!

Thank you to all for my lovely cards! I’ve received a whopping 8 so far, so I’m jazzed!


From Michele S. in WA



From Barbara M. in Canada
From Katie B. in Illinois
From Joan K in Australia


Tonight… I think I’ll start a surprise project for a another special friend!

[Pssst! I have lots of special friends!! I am so lucky!]

Have an awesome evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment