Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The last of my postcards went out end of June...

I was at my son's home for a graduation party and noticed these beautiful hand-dyed daisies. Daisies have always been a favorite of mine, so I just kept staring. Soon, I decided I was going to use them in the last of my post cards. I took pictures and put them through a PhotoShop filters and once I had what I wanted...all I had to do was send them to my neighborhood Walgreens for 1 hr. developing.

One had a green layer over it where I "uncovered" a few choice flowers, the next pic I left just the way I photographed it, then for the last 2 pictures...I added a colored pencil filter and just loved the results! HOWEVER...what I loved the most is the actual flower that I lathered in my all-time favorite...Yeah you got it... Mod Podge®!! I very delicately brushed the petals being careful not to tear the flower. Although as they dried, a few petals stuck together and it seemed as though someone played..."He loves me...He loves me not...yeah...he loves me" on it. The trick is too flatten the daisy, carefully, then brush gently...let dry, then brush again. If you move the flower or try to reposition...you run the risk of that involuntary reshaping of the leaves... and well you know... it plays that game again... "He loves me...well if only he would love me!" LOL! 

...and here they are...
PhotoShop layer in green with choice flowers erased so they would peek through from the original layer
Original photograph with a real daisy and stamped with Peace!
Giving art life! This is a Colored Pencil Filter in PhotoShop,
just what the card needed to show-off the real daisy.
Same print with a blue daisy embellishment! I hope the recipients enjoyed the cards I made,
they were mailed off in protective little cardboard boxes to protect the flowers! Did you get one? Please let me know how it arrived---hopefully in 1 piece! Did you like it? Hope so!!

   
Look at these real daisies! I think they're absolutely gorgeous... 
They're really beautiful. No drying involved...just Mod Podge® and keep them in one position. If you move them around...look at the flower in the foreground... It looks like I played "that game"...but I didn't: I simply moved it...and the petals to cover by sticking to each other and this is the result. So Mod Podge® in place until they're absolutely dry. What do you get...pliable, shiny, colorful flowers...who would have thought one could do this...and mind you it was only an experiment. If you look at previous blogs you will see that I experimented with roses and that was absolutely stunning. One rose card recipient wrote me and said the flower arrived intact and she just loved how beautiful it was.
She loved the idea! Want to try this and have questions? Just ask...
 

Have a great evening...crafters and non-crafters everywhere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment