Thursday, June 7, 2012

Silver, porcelain, china, teapots, creamers, cups, saucers: Treasures!
Happy Thursday everyone!
As promised, I am sharing the end project where I used the shiny teapot treasure from the Salvation Army. This teapot now holds daily wishes and prayers and sits in a very special place: Another super find at a local thrift store: The old brown Samsonite suitcase. As in all my projects, I find one piece and then all the rest of the pieces start falling into place. I originally purchased the suitcase – just because!  I’m sure many of you have done this from time to time. However, once it came home my daughter used it to store baby clothes that she was saving. Eventually, she cleaned it out and packed them in a box. 

I knew that this suitcase would have more pizazz than, just, its intended purpose and I wouldn’t use it to travel with, so I decided to make it my new Vanity and Make-up counter… After a good polishing I propped it up on a wrought iron plant stand that was standing idle [Oh my, I had already killed the plant and hadn’t replaced it. LOL!] So, it needed new purpose in life.


Check out the pictures, the suitcase is a decent size and filling it would take some time…and over a few weeks...it took shape. As you can see, the suitcase has three great holders which now cater to hanging earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and a watch or two…even though… I no longer wear a watch, that’s what my trusty cell phone is for! :O

Which item catches your eye?
Mine...the center teapot and my Chinese hand mirror!

In the center, I have porcelain china cups, heavy glass, small zebra-striped decorated dishes and silver containers that hold a few necessary items. Everything is good enough to be eye-candy and is always at my finger-tips when needed…  And my young grandson, Kai, who is only a year and a half, loves to peek over and see what catches his eye too!
To add a whimsical flair…I added a tiny strand of clear Christmas tree lights!  It’s just dreamy!  In my now-younger years, I appreciate recycled/re-purposed/recreated/redesigned a lot more than the modern~!

Cost of suitcase: $9.00
Cost of containers: Under $23
Effect: Priceless

Tonight, I'm taking a class in paper-making...Can't wait: See you later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment