Saturday, July 2, 2011

Renewed: Chairs

Wow...See this chair! I found 4 of them - someone moved and left them behind just for me!... And guess what?? They're practically new, just dirty seat cushion tops and a few scrapes, but other than that...another great find!! As it happens often, I jump into another project and forget to take the before picture. So this one is not the one featured at the moment, but one you'll see later on. Nonetheless...it's in this same group of chairs.


Look at the bottom of the cushion...it's super clean and proves they weren't that old nor so worn out...Truly another great find!! Actually everything I find is a great find...especially if I could do something fun with it. What have you renewed lately?? Do tell...


The first thing I did was decide on the fabric I wanted to use to recover the seat and the color AND THEN -- I bought the paint for it. As always...I clean the wood with a wood solvent to ensure all the original dirt and grime is completely gone. After a few coats of paint and new seat covers...here's what I did! BTW...I renewed 2 chairs like this! Woot! Woot! OMG, they're sooooo cool!!



Cost to renew: <$15.00 for 2 chairs ($4.99 yd of fabric + about $8.00/qt of paint and I borrowed a few heavy duty staples from a neighbor! LOL!) BTW...I didn't use the entire can of paint on these 2 chairs...there's plenty left and I've used the paint on other projects as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment