Thursday, June 23, 2011

Repurposing: Glass Dining Table

Years ago, my children were given a gift to help them along with their research assignments in school. Mind you…this was way back before the world wide web came and changed our entire lives. One day a very large and heavy package arrived and in it was a complete set of Britannica Encyclopedia, a gift from their grandmother. Times were changing so fast back then…I believe they used the books for a maximum of 6 months or so and that was it. The Internet took over and with its convenient and ease of use and quickness…they quickly forgot about those beautiful books that were stacked in the bookcase.


Many years later, I moved into an apartment when all the kids started college. No one was buying encyclopedia’s online and none of my friends or relatives wanted the books, so what I did next truly had a “repurposed” theme!  
Here’s my “SMART-TABLE”…LOL!



The beveled glass table-top was left behind when a tenant moved out from my complex. My mouth dropped when I saw it and, luckily once cleaned, it had no real dings or scratches except a small chip on one corner. It was my lucky day!   So now, my dining table is propped up by all those lovely encyclopedias and we can have Japanese meals whenever we want!


Cost to me: $0

No comments:

Post a Comment