Thursday, June 23, 2011

Renewed: Pole Lamp with Decoupage Lampshade

Isn’t it crazy how many apartments don’t have overhead lighting??? So once upon a time, I purchased a simple and inexpensive silvery pole lamp that came with a non-descript plastic dome-shaped shade. It served its purpose; but certainly didn’t make me house proud.


Meanwhile living in a complex with 91 units…tenants come and go all the time! Therefore it is safe to say that there are treasures to be found -- OFTEN! Especially, because the norm doesn’t know what to do to fix their broken belongings and many don’t want to know!


But this day, I saw a metal pole lamp out by the bin missing a lamp shade. I scurried it up to my apartment, plopped a bulb on it and plugged it in! Yeah, it worked!! Then I replaced the lamp with my old lampshade on top and stared at it. Though it was working, it was missing my touch. After a bit of polishing, a few scraps of left over fabric, and a few brush strokes of Mod Podge ™… Now, an otherwise boring lamp has become a delightfully “renewed” lamp for my bedroom.




Cost to me: <$5.00


No comments:

Post a Comment