Friday, June 24, 2011

Great treasure find: Distressed headboard with detailed carving

Driving through my neighborhood, I spotted 3 dark brown headboards at a garage sale. Not particularly interested, I didn’t turn back and kept on going. Two weeks later, I drove by the same house and the 3 headboards were still there. My son and I continued to our destination; however on the way back I was drawn to stop and check it out. LOL!


Do you believe in fate? I do --- so one of those headboards was meant for me!!! Once I knew the price of the twin board, I chose the one I wanted and we carefully put it into my back seat. I was so happy and my smile would have told you so. After a cleaning with Formby’s™ Tung Oil, the distressed parts started shining and some of the detailed carvings were loose and would eventually need extra care, but for now – all the cracks, distressed paint, and the chipped paint tell a story and I just loved the worn look about it: It was perfect and I made a “great find”!

Cost: $10.00


Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I could carefully "fix" the chipping on the carved detail? Please comment...all ideas are welcome!! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment