Sunday, June 26, 2011

Renewed: Black evening bag

As I was window shopping at a local thrift shop one day, this cute black evening bag yelled out "Save me"...and well...you know the rest. I just had to save it from just hanging around!! LOL! Although it was in fab condition...I couldn't leave well alone, so a quick trip to Joann's garnered a wonderful panel of Japanese women in kimonos with the colors that I felt would enhance my new little black bag. Back home I cut out the ones I liked the best and then positioned them where I thought they should be. And as soon as I was happy with placement...I got my brush and Mod Podge  and began securing the cut fabric images in place. I made sure that a portion of the hair-do popped up and gave that part of the design a brushing on both sides more than once to stiffen it up a bit.

 Front View
Open View
Back View

Once all of it dried completely, there was a nice sheen and feel to it and then I gave it away. And yes, the recipient of this renewed little black bag loved it!! I think she wore the heck out of it! LOL!

Do you have a purse hanging around that can use a new life? Try it...it doesn't take long... just get a bit of fabric and Mod Podgeand use some creativity and that'll do it. The bag was $5.00 and the panel of fabric was $8.00, but you can get fabric that has a better repeat of design and don't have to spend that much on fabric.

Cost to make: <$15.00

Handmade ensures memories that last a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment