Wednesday, August 8, 2012

To know me...is to love me.... Oh wait!!! No-no, to know YOU is to LIKE YOU LOTS!!

#1  Since I've been having so much fun with my postcards...a friend I've had since the mid-70's asked where her postcard was. So my response was..."It's in the mail!" However, if you know me...I never do anything on a small scale and her postcard never arrived by mail. So, not only did she get a postcard, but it was showcased in a shadow box and I added real sand from the beach and real sea shells that I covered in Mod Podge ...then I wrote a personal message and hand-delivered it.

Here's how this card took shape...I first took a cotton ball and wiped it over a baby blue stamp pad and dabbed it all over my card to simulate the sky... leaving space for the occasional white sky. I then used a Fairy-tale-type Castle image and stamped it on the card with Gold pigment color. Little by little, I found just the right sea shell and with a bit of Mod Podge , all the natural beauty and colors starting shining through. I made a few calls to family and friends to see who was hitting the beach and ordered a bit of sand. I got the sand in record time...[it's an easy feat during these hot summer months]...then I managed to glue it on the card. I personalized it by writing something personal... "Our friendship is everlasting...Like the sea shells carried throughout time...they too are everlasting! Thanks for your friendship!"

Friendships are everlasting!

Like the sea shells carried throughout time...they too are ever lasting!
#2  I recently had a conversation with a former high school friend, that I didn't know all that well then: [I went to an all girl's high school and he went to an all boy's school]. However, quite recently he found me on Classmates.com and we started chatting. In a recent conversation, he expressed sadness at missing his grand kids and that the only thing he had left of them were pictures that had been removed from the wall by an intruder. As I listened, I knew immediately that I could do something to brighten up that sadness...so I gathered some pictures via his cell phone and I came up with his very own set of pop-up grand kids! Needless to say, he was elated and now they pop-up anywhere he wants them to be! 


Take your pop-up little person to work...have them sit on your keyboard
Or have them frolic on a shelf where you can keep your eye on them!
Or have them just hang watch you at work!
Or sit them on your books!


Or just let them hang anywhere you'd like!
 The trick to these little one's was to embellish the activity they were engaged in and make the memory tantamount to that event! You got it...these were very appreciated and that alone makes me happy!

How to:

Select a few favorite pictures of the subjects as well as other photos that you can add to embellish the originals and print at your local drugstore...the 1 hr. kind...cut them out and and glue onto card stock...add my favorite shiner...Mod Podge and wait to dry. Then add a little kick-stand on the back and presto!!...Your pop-ups are ready to be displayed throughout your home or office or even your car! Although you need to make sure they are never placed in direct sunlight or heat as they will stick together and get ruined!

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment