Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Homemade Gifts are Soooooo Special!

As a single parent of 4, I remember many a time when gift giving was often impossible. So on those occasions I gathered my children and we all sat down to make special homemade gifts for one another and for the rest of the family. The thought that we could not give because we were short on money was often a sad time; however it was so satisfying at that time to know that all of us had the ability to overcome this. As I look back and hopefully in the long run, they’ll [my children] know that homemade is really special because the gift comes from the heart and the look of appreciation in the recipient’s face is priceless!
I encourage all to use their hearts and hands in creating a special gift for a special occasion or for that “just because” occasion!
Below you’ll see a rainbow of happy colors that just kept on growing…framed it…and then gave it away!

I used oil pastels on the wrong paper, so the blending wasn’t as sharp as I’d like…nonetheless…the result was satisfying.






Tonight...I'll blast the radio and listen to smooth oldies~! Good night~

No comments:

Post a Comment